Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sketchy and the Suit

So I had a really weird day at work this week. My sister, who comes with me to work, has to get something out of my car and notices that there was a man and a woman on a motorcycle taking pictures of my license plate. We go to the window to check it out and they are still there, just loitering, parking next to my car, then pulling out but still relatively behind/ close to it. Weird, right?
So one of my coworkers says, Well maybe it's one of those people who photograph license plates in parking lots in an effort to locate repossessed cars or something. Regardless, I decide I should go down and ask why they are taking pictures of my plate.
So I get down there and ask them what they are doing. The dude stares at me, revs his engine, tells me he was taking pictures of my parking spot, and floors it out of the parking lot. It was the strangest thing.

And yes I did illustrate that story using Nigh Vale podcast tweets, not even remotely ashamed for sharing.

Then that same day a woman shows up asking for a CPA who doesn't work here, says he told her they were meeting at our office... We tell her there's no one here of that name but sure enough some Suit is in our conference room holding a meeting. Said Suit begins meandering around the office. I offer assistance. I ask him who he's with- and if he's with the guy in our other conference room who shows up pretty regularly even though I don't know why. Mr. Suit indignantly tells me he is not and his company rents our conference room twice a week, and when I have worked here long enough I should be able to know this. Um, rude.
But having worked for the family business for the past ten years, I can tell you that I did not to respond in the manner I should wish to, telling him where he could go and whatnot.
Eventually I did find out who he was. And he *is* with the same company as the guy in the other conference room. Who don't pay rent. I know this because I'm the accountant. 
I don't know what it is about people thinking they can be rude to me just because I handle the grunt work. I'm going to have to start charging them rent now.
And they can see how that feels.

I look forward to the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment