Monday, September 17, 2012

I won't think about that now, I'll think about that tomorrow.





So recently I watched “Gone with the Wind,” and it did not disappoint. My mind is reaffirmed that it is, by far and away, the greatest film of all time. Upon talking to two friends of mine the next day, I was shocked that they both have not seen the, yes four hour, movie. But for me, it was a staple growing up. I have relatively fond memories of staying home sick from school, curling up on the couch in pajamas with a bowl of chicken noodle soup and popping in that VHS- a totally begenk copy, I might add, recorded off TNT with snippets of commercials and everything. However, in case there are other people in the world who have not seen it, I will not spoil anything here, but insist you go to your local library and rent it today because I promise it’s worth it. Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh are seriously the bomb.com times ten, not to mention the film direction is just superb.
So, Katie, besides all that, why else should I watch this film? Because, dear reader, you will not find another film out there with superior dialogue. I laugh, my mom cries; it'll move you in a way only a fantastic screenplay can. Scarlett O’Hara is a character you just love to hate, but then you still love her in the end, and her counterpart, the scoundrel, Captain Rhett Butler, is quite frankly the most complex and, in my opinion, easily the most lovable character in the whole film. In addition to all that, his lines in the movie are just the best. So on that note, I have decided to include my favorite Rhett Butler quotes… With pictures.

Top 5 Rhett Butler Quotes
5. I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over.

4. With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.


3. No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.

2. RB: So, you see I shall have to marry you.
Scarlett: I've never heard of such bad taste.
RB: Would you be more convinced if I fell to my knees?
S: Turn me loose, you varmint, and get out of here!
RB: Forgive me for startling you with the impetuosity of my sentiments, my dear Scarlett. I mean, my dear Mrs. Kennedy. But it cannot have escaped your notice that for some time past the friendship I have felt for you has ripened into a deeper feeling. A feeling more beautiful, more pure, more sacred. Dare I name it? Can it be love?
S: Get up off your knees! I don't like your common jokes!
RB: This is an honorable proposal of marriage made at what I consider a most opportune moment. I can't go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands.
S: You're coarse, and you're conceited. And I think this conversation has gone far enough.
                                                       Watch: Rhett's Proposal

1.
S: I only know that I love you.
RB: That's your misfortune.
S: Rhett, Rhett! Rhett... if you go, where shall I go, what shall I do?
RB: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Now go watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment