Thursday, January 17, 2013

I survived the Mayan Apocalypse



  Happy New Year, readers! These last couple months have passed in an absolute blur, I cannot believe it is already 2013. Let’s see what has happened since last we spoke? I got a dog, my sister got married, I graduated from college, and, yes, I am still driving Hektor, Car of the Year for 2012.
 
Elektra and I
(Serious paragraphs are made better with pictures!) Now that it is a New Year, everyone is making their “New Year” resolutions, I see the same resolutions that I hear every year: eating healthy, exercising, and reconnecting with old friends. This part of the year tends to annoy me. Naturally, I am not saying that striving for health and friendship is annoying, I have those things and will continue to work and improve on them, but by having the same goal every year… that leads me to believe that all those things you wanted for yourself in the past year didn’t work out, because if they did then why would you make the same resolution?
My dear Brother-in-Law and the Bridesmaids
While I haven’t yet decided where this year will take me, I think it always important to take a step back and move forward with baby steps.  For example, my new brother-in-law’s goal this year is to remember to put the DVD’s back in their container after he is finished with them. I would be over the moon if my dog would learn to go to the bathroom outside. The small things in life.
Each year has their own set trials and tribulations, try not to dwell on the past, the what-ifs, if-onlys, instead focus on what’s happening in the here-and-now: Don’t take things so personally. Take chances. And as my friend has told me twice this month: History favors the bold &life is short.
 
Ridin' a dino at the Creation Museum
I hope that this year continues to be that of travel. I’ve already driven down to Louisville twice, up to Dayton tonight, Nashville soon to visit the Parthenon Museum, and Ireland in October. 

Keep Calm and Jump on an Airplane.

More misadventures? Adventures old friend.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment