Friday, April 19, 2013

I like big books and I cannot lie.

I do this thing.
I can't help myself.
I read books in series.
And sometimes the series are not finished yet.
But I canNOT just forget about it because it's not finished.
So I read. And sometimes I get a little invested.
Me after the book cover/ title for the next book is released:
Then the excitement wears off and I am forced to wait in AGONY.
Me a couple days before the book release:
I tell myself to not rush reading the book in one day... Come on, Katie, get it together:
You know... let the enjoyment last longer than however many hours it takes to read the entire book.
But this is me while I'm reading:
Then I wake up the next morning and it's all over
Then I remember what I read, and I totes wake up
I calmly process it.
Though, I may fangirl freak out a bit
I allow myself a short celebration if/when the devil of an author has finally allowed my favorite characters to be happy for a short time before screwing them over again.
Then I realize that the book is over. 
And the waiting commences again.




That is how I feel about reading. Clearly there are a lot of feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment